World Cash Up Terms
“Accelerated Cash Up” means bonus Cash Up earned on the Titanium, Platinum and World Credit Card based on pre-defined Accelerated Spend Categories.
“Accelerated Spend Categories” means a group of Merchant Code Categories (MCC), single or multiple, that are eligible for Accelerated Cash Up, as set out in the Cash Up table. The lists of Spend Categories eligible for Accelerated Cash Up shall be determined by Deem at its sole discretion.
“Customer” means a Deem customer holding a valid and activated Deem Credit Card.
“Cardholder” includes a Deem primary Credit Card customer and a supplementary Credit Card customer.
“Cash Up Program” refers to the loyalty program applicable to Deem Titanium Cash Up Credit Cards, Deem Platinum Cash Up Credit Cards and Deem World Cash Up Credit Cards under which Customer earns Cash Up based on their spend.
“Cash Up” means Cash Up points earned on the Credit Card. All Cash Up earned is maintained in the form of Cash Up. The conversion of Cash Up to AED is: 1 Cash Up point = 1 AED
“Cash Up Earn Rate” means the rate at which Cash Up will accrue to the Customer for every retail transaction as detailed in the Cash Up Table. Deem reserves the right to change the applicable Cash Up Earn Rate at its own discretion.
“Cash Up Table” means a table that details the applicable spend tiers and the Cash Up rate specifically designed for a Titanium Credit Card, Platinum Credit Card and a World Credit Card.
“MCC” means a merchant category code defined by Mastercard to classify transactions. The categorization of an MCC is determined by Mastercard at its sole discretion in accordance with its respective policies and Deem has no involvement in the same.
“Retail Transaction” means a purchase made using the Deem Credit Card by the Customer that excludes cash advances, quasi cash transactions, any refunds, any bank charge reversals, balance transfer transactions, Credit Card payments or any other transaction as determined by Deem from time to time.
“Spend Categories” means a group of MCCs, single or multiple. The list of Spend categories shall be determined by Deem at its sole discretion.
“Sum of Cycle” means the total sum of all purchases done and posted on the Credit Card during a particular Credit Card statement period.
World Cash Up proposition:
Cash Up is earned on Retail Transactions as defined in the World Cash Up table below:
With effect from 1st Jan’2022, the below Cash Up earn structure will apply to all existing and new World Cash Up Credit Cards.
· All Spends undertaken in Fuel, Transport, Utility Bills, Government Services merchant categories at 0.50%.
· With effect from 1st Jan’2022, World Cash Up Cardholder can earn a maximum of 750 Accelerated Cash Up points in a statement cycle.
· With effect from 1st Jan’2022, a minimum cumulative spend of AED 3,000 in a statement cycle is required to earn Accelerated Cash Up. In case, the cumulative spends in a statement cycle is less than AED 3,000 then the customer will earn Cash Up as per the applicable Cash Up Earn Rate for ‘All other Retail Purchases’.
· Entertainment includes merchants classified by Mastercard as Boat Rentals and Leasing, Sporting and Recreational Camps, Theatrical Producers [except Motion Pictures] and Ticket Agencies, Billiards & Pool Establishments, Bowling Alleys, Tourist Attractions and Exhibits, Public Golf Courses, Video Amusement Game Supply, Video Game Arcades and Establishments, Amusement Parks, Circuses, Carnivals, and Fortune Tellers, Aquarium, Seaquarium, Dolphinariums and Recreation Services.
· Accelerated Spend Categories for World Cash Up are defined as spends done in Merchant category groups of Airlines, Hotels and Entertainment (as mentioned above).
· Cash Up rates for Accelerated Spend Categories apply irrespective of whether the transaction in undertaken in the UAE or Overseas.
· The list of MCC’s that are included in the Cash Up program is at the sole discretion of Deem.
· Cash Up on the Accelerated Spend Categories is calculated per transaction made and hence each purchase will start earning Cash Up based on:
a. The Accelerated Spend category it belongs to
b. Per Transaction value
The above two factors will decide the spend tier that the purchase falls under and the applicable Cash Up rate.
The descriptions of the spends categories provided in the table are illustrative and not comprehensive. Only Retail transactions made under specific MCCs will be eligible under the Cash Up program.
· Neither Deem nor Mastercard shall be responsible if a Retail Transaction does not get captured under the appropriate MCC.
· All “Other Retail Purchases” done and posted up to the billing cycle and reflecting on the Credit Card statement will be summed and the applicable Cash Up rate will be applied as per the World Cash Up table.
· All Cash Up earned by the Customer will accumulate as Cash upon the primary Cardholder’s account.
· Participation to the World Cash Up program is automatic, provided that the World Credit Card account is active and in good standing (including but not limited to the fact that the customer has not failed to make his contractual monthly payments).
· Transactions on supplementary Credit Card and virtual cards will also earn Cash Up and this Cash Up will accrue to the account of the primary Cardholder.
· The Cash Up program applies to Retail Transactions only.
· The amount of Accelerated Cash Up earned will reflect as “Accelerated Cash Up” on Deem rewards portal.
· The amount of Cash Up earned on all Other Retail Transactions will reflect as “Regular Cash Up” on Deem rewards portal.
· The Cash Up caps for all Retail Transactions for World Cash Up Credit Card is 20,000 Cash Up points across all spends (Applicable until 31st December’2021). With effect from 1st Jan’2022, World Cash Up Cardholder can earn a maximum of 750 Accelerated Cash Up points in a statement cycle. There is no maximum limit on Cash Up points earned through spends done in non-Accelerated Spend Categories.
· There is no minimum spend required to earn Cash Up on the World Cash Up Credit Card until 31st Dec’21. With effect from 1st Jan’2022, a minimum cumulative spend of AED 3,000 in a statement cycle is required to earn Accelerated Cash Up. In case, the cumulative spends in a statement cycle is less than AED 3,000 then the customer will earn Cash Up as per the applicable Cash Up Earn Rate for ‘All other Retail Purchases’.
· With effect from 1st Jan’22, a Customer has to undertake at least one Retail Transaction, for any amount, once in six (6) months, to avoid Cash Up points being forfeited. If a Customer does not make even a single Retail Transaction on the Deem Credit Card for consecutive six (6) statement cycles, all available Cash Up points balance will be forfeited. Such forfeited Cash Up points will not be reinstated if the Customer subsequently resumes spending on Deem Credit Card.
Redemption of Cash Up is not automatic. Primary Credit Card holders may use the Deem mobile app or online portal to redeem their Cash Up.
If the Customer requests to redeem the Cash Up for a Cash Up credit on the statement, then the credit will reduce the outstanding balance on the card and add to the Customer’s available credit limit. This credit will not offset any payments due on the card.
If the Customer requests a Cash Up credit on the statement, the credit will reflect on the Customer’s account within five (5) working days from the date of receipt of the redemption request.
If the Customer requests to redeem Cash Up via pay with points, then the Customer will be able to view the credit against the transaction(s) selected in the next monthly Credit Card statement.
If the Customer redeems the reward points for online gift vouchers, then the Customer will receive an email confirmation within two (2) working days, based on the email address shared for the purpose of redemption, of the voucher from the merchant.
All online gift vouchers are available on a best-effort basis through third party merchant establishments who are independent contractors and are neither agents nor employees of Deem. Deem does not accept responsibility for the quality of goods or services provided by the merchant establishments participating in the Cash Up Program. Deem neither offers, nor endorses, nor guarantees any of the goods, services, information or recommendations provided by third party merchant establishments to the Customer and makes no warranties and assumes no liability with respect to the products and services provided by third party merchant establishments. Deem shall not be held responsible in any way for the quality, suitability, fitness, and delays in the provision of the gift vouchers by the third party merchant establishments nor can Deem guarantee the exchange of any of these.
All disputes in this regard shall be taken up directly by the Customer with the participating establishment.
Gift vouchers to be utilized within the validity period only. Re-validation of vouchers will not be possible.
The use of a gift voucher is subject to the terms and conditions stated therein. A gift voucher can only be redeemed once unless otherwise specified on the gift voucher.
Redemption of gift vouchers is subject to availability.
For any change in gift vouchers, products or travel bookings the customer must reach out to the respective third party merchant and Deem shall not be liable for any such change requests.
Deem may provide reward redemption choices of vouchers, good or services issued by participating merchants (Merchants) from time to time at its sole discretion. Deem will not be liable to replace vouchers, goods or services that are lost or destroyed, neither will Deem exchange vouchers, goods or services for any reason whatsoever.
The use of a voucher shall constitute a purchase of goods or services by the person using the voucher from the Merchant supplying such goods or services, and Deem assumes no liability or responsibility whatsoever for the acts or default of the Merchant (including the failure of the Merchant to honour any Voucher) or in respect of the availability and or any defect or deficiency in the goods or services for which any Voucher is redeemed. Deem is not an agent of the Merchant. Any disputes about quality or performance should be resolved directly with the Merchant.
Deem will not be responsible for lost or stolen vouchers redeemed through the Cash Up program.
Redemption orders once given to Deem cannot be cancelled, withdrawn or changed. Redeemed Cash Up are not exchangeable for other Rewards or refundable, replaceable or transferable for cash or credit under any circumstances.
Upon redemption of the Cash Up for any of the available redemption options, the Customers available balance of Cash Up will be subtracted accordingly with the amount requested for redemption.
The Customer cannot transfer Cash Up to another Customer.
No expiry for the accumulated Cash Up until 31st Dec’2021
With effect from 1st Jan’22, a Customer has to undertake at least one Retail Transaction, for any amount, once in six (6) months, to avoid Cash Up points being forfeited. If a Customer does not make even a single Retail transaction on the Deem Credit Card for continuous six (6) statement cycles, all available Cash Up points balance will be forfeited. Such forfeited Cash Up points will not be reinstated if the Customer subsequently resumes spending on Deem Credit Card.
In the event of a voluntary closure of the Credit Card by the primary Cardholder, the Customer must redeem all accumulated Cash Up before closure or all accumulated Cash Up will be forfeited.
In the event of card cancellation or if the card is blocked, written off, suspended for any reason whatsoever, all accumulated Cash Up will stand forfeited.
Cash Up will be offered only for Retail Transactions made on the Deem Cash Up Credit Cards.
Cash Up is not exchangeable, refundable, replaceable or transferable under any circumstances, nor can they be converted to Cash Up accrued.
Cash advances, any fees/charges and disputed transactions will not earn Cash Up.
The Cash Up accrued is redeemable at the discretion of Deem.
Any abuse of or fraud relating to the earning and redemption of Cash Up in the program may result in the cancellation and forfeiture of the Cash Up and may also result in card termination.
Deem reserves the right to suspend, cancel, modify or substitute the Cash Up program conditions or the method of computation of the Cash Up or the Cash Up terms and conditions at any time without prior notice to the Customer.
Deem’s decision on the computation, redemption, cancellation, forfeiture, credit or debit of Cash Up will be final, conclusive and binding on the Customer and will not be liable to be disputed or questioned.
Deem may impose fees on the program or change the conditions of the program at its sole discretion from time to time.
Spend Categories that get included in this program are at the sole discretion of Deem. Spend categories may be increased, decreased or modified as determined from time to time by Deem.
In case of a disputed transaction being resolved in favour of the Customer and/or where a transaction is reversed, the equivalent Cash Up will also be reversed.
By participating in the Deem Cash Up program, you consent to sharing your profile information (restricted to rewards fulfillment/delivery) with any third party partner, agent, merchant establishment.
All rewards delivery whether products/vouchers will be fulfilled by the said partner, merchant establishment at the registered communication details updated by Deem.
Deem reserves the right to wholly or partially modify the Cash Up program. Deem also reserves the right to change the Cash Up conversion rate, withdraw Cash Up awarded or to alter any of the terms and conditions herein in its absolute discretion and without prior notice to Customers.
In the event that any provision of the Cash Up program conflicts with any rule, regulation or order of any statutory authority, Deem will have the absolute authority and right to modify or cancel the program to remain compliant with the relevant rule, regulation or order.
Information supplied by the Customer on the redemption of certain products/services may be used by Deem or its third party service providers for administrative, research or marketing purposes.
The existence of a dispute, if any, with a third party shall not constitute a claim against Deem.
Any disputes arising out of or in connection with the Cash Up program shall be referred to and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal courts of the UAE.
Determination of the eligibility requirements for the issuance of a Deem Credit Card is at the sole discretion of Deem. All features and benefits are subject to the Terms and Conditions available on Deem website.
Valtrans Valet Parking Services
Deem World Credit Card holders are entitled to avail 6 complimentary standard valet parking services each month by presenting their Deem Credit Card in the below locations:
Utilization of standard valet parking service for Platinum and World cardholder is subject to a minimum monthly cumulative Spend of AED 3,000 and AED 6,000 respectively, in the previous billing cycle.
Any Additional valet parking usage (more than 4 and 6 parking services per month, for Platinum and World cardholders respectively) will be a paid service based on Valtrans Standard Valet parking service fee table below.
This will also apply in the event that the customer does not meet the minimum spend criteria.
The above rates are only for standard valet parking services.
This offer is valid only on Standard valet parking services and is not applicable on VIP services. If VIP services are availed by the customer, usage of one VIP service will be equivalent to 2 standard valet parking services.
The complementary valet parking services at Airports is available only for Deem World card holders. The same is valid only for the first hour of the parking (at Airports) and any subsequent hour(s) of parking is chargeable to cardholder.
In the event that the customer does not meet the minimum spend criteria or exceeds the stipulated complimentary visits, any such charges will be billed on the Deem Credit Card based on the table above.
Supplementary card applicant must be 18+ years of Age. Supplementary card applicant must be directly related to the Primary cardholder (Spouse/ Parents/Children/Siblings)
Upon request by The “Principal Cardholder”, Deem at its sole discretion and determination may agree to issue a “Supplementary Card” and charge fees for such issuance. The “Principal Cardholder” shall be fully responsible and liable for payment of the value of The “Card Transactions” made by The “Supplementary Card”.
No separate credit limit will be assigned to the Supplementary card(s). The “Credit Limit” assigned to The “Principal Cardholder” shall be inclusive of The “Credit Limit” assigned to The “Supplementary Cardholder”.
All limits on cashback/ offers applicable on the primary card account will be for the combined usage of Primary and Supplementary card(s)
The validity of the “Supplementary Card” shall at all times be dependent on the validity of The “Principal Card”. If The “Principal Card” is terminated or cancelled, The “Supplementary Card” shall automatically be terminated and cancelled, but not vice versa.
All the product specific T&Cs will remain same for both Primary and Supplementary card(s)
All terms and conditions stated hereunder in this Agreement and Deem General Terms and Conditions are fully binding on and applicable to The “Supplementary Cardholder” who will be severally and jointly liable with the “Principal Cardholder.
Upon request by The “Principal Cardholder”, Deem at its sole discretion and determination may agree to issue a “Virtual Card” and charge fees for such issuance. The “Principal Cardholder” shall be fully responsible and liable for payment of the value of the “Card Transactions” made on the “Virtual Card”.
No separate credit limit will be assigned to the Virtual card(s). The “Credit Limit” sanctioned to the “Principal Cardholder” shall be inclusive of the Credit Limit of The “Virtual Card”.
All limits on cashback/ offers applicable on the primary card account will be for the combined usage of Primary and Virtual card.
The validity of The “Virtual Card” shall at all times be dependent on the validity of The “Principal Card”. If The “Principal Card” is terminated or cancelled, The “Virtual Card” shall automatically be terminated and cancelled, but not vice versa.
All the product specific Terms and Conditions will remain same for both Primary and Virtual card(s)
Deem Offers mobile application provides Discounted offers and ‘Buy one get one free’ offers at participating retailers. The Offers are managed by a third party, known as TravellerPass.
Deem Offers can only be availed for offer redemption by Deem cardholders. Deem card customers must use the Deem Offers app and a valid Deem card to avail the offer. Deem assumes no liability or responsibility with respect to the products or services provided by any of the partners on the program.
Deem Offers, lists the catalogue of Preferred Partners and their Offers which are available to the Deem Card Customers. Deem Offers, terms and conditions will apply to all Deem Offers users. Deem customers will register by entering their name, mobile number, e-mail ID and CIF number.
Once the registration process is completed on Deem Offers, the customer will have access to all the offers.
Deem Offers privileges may be revoked at any time at the sole discretion of Deem at any time with or without notification.
Preferred Partners - Preferred Partners are those retailers/Partners in the UAE where the Offers can be redeemed using a Deem card. The Preferred Partners and their respective offers are listed in Deem Offers. Offers and the countries where the offers are allowed are subject to change from time to time. Offers may be modified or discontinued at any time without notice.
For the buy one get one free offer, the partner merchant may apply either as a deduction of the cost of one least expensive main course or main menu item (when two or more main courses or main menu items are ordered) or may apply as a discount on the bill for the offers which come with a discount.
The Offers can be redeemed at Preferred Partners only when the purchase is made using a Deem card. In order to avail the Offer, the Card Customer will have to: i) Present Deem Offers voucher to the Preferred Partner prior to requesting for the bill, and ii) pay the remaining balance for the service/meal using Deem cards.
All Deem Cards Terms and Conditions apply.
1. A valid Deem card must be presented for payment of the offer.
2. Card Customers will receive the Offers at Preferred Partners on the total amount of the bill minus any tax or service charges.
3. The Offers can only be claimed against purchases made at Preferred Partners but cannot be paid in cash or using any other payment or loyalty card or by any such combination with any other promotion or offer.
4. The Deem Offers Mobile App must be presented at the point of purchase to redeem the Offer. A Preferred Partner has the right to deny the discount if the Mobile App is not presented while requesting for the bill.
5. The use of Offers within the Mobile App in conjunction with any other publicly announced promotions or reductions offered is at the discretion of Preferred Partners. The Offers will not be valid on festival days or as per the terms and conditions offered by the preferred partner. The terms and conditions of each offer are updated on the mobile App against each preferred partner.
6. Card Customers need to take note of Offer validity dates and special offer terms and conditions which will be mentioned along with the Offer.
Deem Offers Validity
Deem has the right to terminate the Deem Offers at any time without reason or notice and Deem will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from any suspension or termination.
Deem reserves the right to withdraw the privileges of the Deem Offers if any Card Customer is in breach of the terms and conditions of the Deem Offers.
Disputes on Discount
If a Preferred Partner does not honour the valid Offer, the instance can be reported within 2 working days by contacting support through Deem Offers (10 am – 10 pm, Sun - Thur) or email email@example.com.
The Customer must provide complete details to TravellerPass about the merchant’s name and location, date of purchase, discount denied and purchase information. If the Customer has a dispute on the discount, TravellerPass will take reasonable efforts to resolve the dispute.
Additional Terms and Conditions
a. The Offers are subject to the prescribed Deem terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of TravellerPass. Deem reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time or withdraw this offer at any time without any prior notice. By availing the Offer, the Customer accepts and agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions.
b. Deem assumes no responsibility with respect to the services provided by the service partner (TravellerPass).
c. The Customer understands and acknowledges that the Deem Offers is a service offered by Deem and it will be performed by TravellerPass.
TravellerPass and Deem are independent contractors to each other and Deem will have no liability to the Customer for any claims which the Customer may have against TravellerPass for services rendered by it to the Customer.
d. Deem will not be liable for any errors, omissions, delays, or disruptions in the operation of the Deem Offers.
e. Deem or TravellerPass may amend the Offers or add/remove Preferred Partners from the program at any time.
f. Preferred Partners may exclude products or services from being eligible for the Offers without prior consent or notice. At certain Preferred Partners, Offers may be subject to availability and may be altered or withdrawn without notice.
g. Deem is not responsible if a Preferred Partner changes its discount due to new ownership or acquisition.
h. Deem will not be liable in any way if any participating Preferred Partner fails to provide the Offer on any product. Deem does not accept any liability in connection with the failure or refusal of any participating Preferred Partner to provide products. Deem does not accept any liability or responsibility for the quality or suitability of products offered by the Preferred Partners.
i. No Preferred Partner has any authority, express or implied to make a representation, warranty or statement on behalf of Deem or in relation to Deem Offers and Deem accepts no liability in respect of any representation, warranty or statement made by any Preferred Partner.
j. Customers acknowledge that Preferred Partners and not Deem will supply products and services treatments. Accordingly, Deem does not give any guarantee undertaking or warranty concerning the products or services supplied or the performance of any participating Preferred Partner. All conditions and warranties whether express or implied and whether arising under statute or otherwise as to the condition, suitability, quality, fitness or safety of any goods or services supplied by any Preferred Partner are expressly excluded.
k. The Deem Offers may be amended, withdrawn or replaced at any time without notice.
l. Deem is not liable in case of any dissatisfaction about delivery, service or quality of the Deem Offers
m. Deem and TravellerPass’s interpretation of these Terms and Conditions is final and binding.
Deem Offers Mobile App Terms and Conditions
1. The Mobile App will only work on compatible Devices and operating systems and certain functionalities will only work if your device is connected to the internet. Some features may also only be available with certain operating systems.
2. You may be charged by your service provider for downloading and/or accessing the Mobile App on your mobile phone (the Device). These may include data roaming charges if you do this outside your home territory. All these charges are solely your responsibility.
3. Certain functionalities of the Mobile App may need to access your Device and information stored on it so that it works properly. By using the Mobile App, you consent to this.
4. TravellerPass reserves the right to make changes to the app.
5. You must not use the Mobile App for any of the following purposes:(a) anything unlawful or illegal or which is fraudulent or malicious or which promotes any criminal activity or provides information about the same;(b) anything which is defamatory, harassing or threatening or which otherwise infringes or violates the rights of others. This includes any information that you may add or upload to the Mobile App;(c) interfering in any way with any other user of the Mobile App; and/or(d) knowingly introducing viruses or other malicious or harmful material or using it in connection with unsolicited communications. The Mobile App and all copyright, database rights, trademarks and other intellectual property rights related to it belong to us or our licensors.
6. Access to the Mobile App may be suspended temporarily from time to time and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for any reason beyond our control or if we deem it necessary.
For the avoidance of doubt, we shall not be liable for any loss or liability which may be suffered or incurred by you as a result of any suspension of, or interruption to, the operation of the Mobile App.
7. The Mobile App, including all content on or available through the Mobile App, is provided on an ‘as is’ basis and we do not make any representation or give any warranty in respect of the Mobile App or any of its content. In particular, but without limitation, we do not give any warranty as to the accuracy, suitability, reliability, completeness, performance, fitness, freedom from viruses or timeliness of the content contained on the App.
8. Deem/TravellerPass does not accept any responsibility for:
(a) malfunctions in communication facilities which cannot reasonably be considered to be under our control and that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send or the material you access via the Mobile App;
(b) any losses or delays in transmission of messages or material you access arising out of the use of any Internet access service provider or mobile network service provider or caused by any browser or other software which is not under our control;
(c) Viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to or use of the Mobile App or your accessing any materials on the Mobile App;
(d) any unauthorized use or interception of any message or information before it reaches the Mobile App or our servers from the Mobile App;
(e) any unauthorized use of or access to data relating to you or your transactions which is held by us (unless such use or access is caused by our negligence, fraud or failure to comply with laws relating to the protection of your data), to the extent permitted by local law;
(f) any content provided by third parties.
In addition, Deem/TravellerPass and its officers, directors, employees, shareholders or agents, exclude all liability and responsibility for any amount or kind of loss or damage that may result to you or a third party (including without limitation, any direct, indirect, punitive or consequential loss or damages, or any loss of income, profits, goodwill, data, contracts, use of money, or loss or damages arising from or connected in any way to business interruption, and whether in tort (including without limitation negligence), contract or otherwise) in any way or in connection with:
(a) the Mobile App and your use, delay in use or inability to use the App or if it does not work as you expect or would like or if it contains any defects or errors and whether or not we correct any of those defects or errors;
(b) your access to and use of any material on the Mobile App or material linked to or referred to on the Mobile App; and/or
(c) any loss or damage to your Device or any other hardware or software you use in connection with the Mobile App, including in connection with any viruses that may affect the same on account of your downloading and use of the Mobile App.
You acknowledge that use of the Mobile App is dependent on third parties, including your own network providers, and that we are not liable for any acts or omissions of those third parties. These Mobile App T&Cs and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter (including any non-contractual disputes or claims) will be governed by the law of United Arab Emirates (“UAE”) and the parties agree that the courts of UAE will have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such disputes or claims.
When you make a payment we shall apply it to the amounts outstanding on your Credit Card in the following order of priority:
First for all billed transactions followed by unbilled in case of any excess payment made